corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2ltr hub conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2ltr hub conversion
Jimmycorsa

User status: Offline
7th Jun 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As im having problems with my hub flanges breaking im finally going to go down a different path and am lookin for advice on which to do:

do i some how go back to original corsa driveshafts and hubs (if so how do i get them to fit an f20 gearbox)

or do i bore out the hub and fit a bearing that will accomodate an original astra gte flange (need 4 stud) instead of using turned down ones ( if so how much, which bearing and will i still need to use the spacer between the cv and the bearing)

if anyone has done this would appreciate ur knowledge cuz i realise there is just to much play in the conversion hubs.

many thanks
Jimmy
Jam666
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

8th Jun 09 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 2 complete legs with 2.0 hubs which i have for sale
Ant

8th Jun 09 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get corsa hub carriers machined to take golf syncro rear wheel bearing, this will then take a big block flange with a small amount of machining to the non stressed part of the flange

New Poll