corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Losing Voltage When Cranking - Not Starting - Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Losing Voltage When Cranking - Not Starting - Help
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
27th Jun 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am in need of desperate help, i have two corsas one 94 year one 95 year
i have put the 94 engine in the 95 one as the engine was blown in it
now the engine wont start, the 95 one has an immobiliser so i have disconnected it and are using the ecu from the 94 one still wont start,
i have 12v coming to the king lead on ignition but when i crank the engine the volts drop
there is no spark at the plugs but the fuel is getting through
i have taken the crank sensor plug off and there is 12v coming out
i tried the wire in the centre of the plug to earth as explained in an archive of this forum and the king lead sparks
i have tried towing the car off but nothing
any ideas would be appreciated,
cant afford to take it to garage as on the old dole and parents need it off their drive
thanks in advance
barneykarl

27th Jun 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say you have disconnected the 95 immobilizer is this a after market or vauxhall one.why did you use the 94 ecu you only had to change the engine.
Markus

28th Jun 09 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a vauxhall immobiliser, i was out of ideas and the only things different was the immobiliser so i thought'd i may awsell try that
barneykarl

28th Jun 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put the original ecu back on how it was so it matches your transponder and chip in key, if it still does not start your problem is something else.
Markus

28th Jun 09 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea tried that before still didnt start thats why i changed it, i've changed every single plug and checked all leads ive had 3 mechanics look they cant see anything wrong either
barneykarl

28th Jun 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any eml light on with the original ecu set up?
Markus

28th Jun 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye just normal light on ignition does not flicker so not an ecu problem. gunna try another new rotar arm tomorrow as im getting spark from the king lead now

New Poll