corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » double radiator fan

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author double radiator fan
Jonsey

User status: Offline
17th Aug 09 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know where i could find a double radiator fan for my corsa 1.6 gsi.. i just want to upgrade it as it annoyes me how hot it gets, i know itll still get hot but id rather it cooled down quicker =]
lwigmore

17th Aug 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you would be better to keep your fan as it is now but wire your own switch in so you can switch the fan on/off when you want too
Jonsey

17th Aug 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my old man mentioned that he had one on one of his old cars.
hard to do?
lwigmore

17th Aug 09 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jonsey
hard to do?

no not really mate, should be really easy to do, i haven't done 1 personally but im sure other people on here have wired a switch onto there fan
Root

17th Aug 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
quote:
hard to do?

no not really mate, should be really easy to do, i haven't done 1 personally but im sure other people on here have wired a switch onto there fan

probably a case of taking the plug that plugs into the fan, running a wire through the grommit, onto a switch on the dash instead of letting it go to loom, then when you send electricity through, comes on. Simplees
alan-g-w

17th Aug 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
quote:
hard to do?

probably a case of taking the plug that plugs into the fan, running a wire through the grommit, onto a switch on the dash instead of letting it go to loom, then when you send electricity through, comes on. Simplees

It's not quite that simple. I've done what you said and blown two switches - one of which was rated at 36amps or something daft. You need some sort of resistor in the circuit, a mechanic who got hot overflowing coolant down the back of his neck told me

New Poll