corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » big xe problem need help fast. lol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big xe problem need help fast. lol
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Oct 09 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i went to take cam cover off. couldnt get the git off. so gave up. so i put it all back together because got p'ed off. i went to start car, herd like i rubing sort of noise. so turned her off. me being me left keys in car with ignition on. so i went to start car battery dead. so pushed my self down hill tryed bumping it did not do it many times tryed. lol. so put it one jump leads. still no good. it is turning over nicely. just not starting. iv checked for spark has that. i cleaned plugs not that. its getting petrol so not that. dont think its crank sensor. so wondering if a wire is screwed cant see how. but only option. lol. it was working perfect before this hickup. lol please help cheers
redtom

1st Oct 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you knocked the CTS wire off because when i sorted the engine for you the CTS was a bit old and shitty.

rubbing noise was probably alt belt hitting the cam cover you told me it was a banging noise. lol
Kieran
Premium Member

1st Oct 09 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's that and where LOL. Yea I was a rubinng noise and when I turned it off it did a little bang but not blow up bang like a movement in engine bay. So probs cover LOL.
corsa120

1st Oct 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is the cts on a xe
alan-g-w

1st Oct 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the thermostat at the left hand side of the front of the head. The bigger of the two sensors.
Kieran
Premium Member

3rd Oct 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had to take head off 8 inlet valves bent. is the problem tho. just got to get it done now. lol
Slammed_Corsa

4th Oct 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rubbing noise might have been the timing belt rubbing on the cover then?

Heard of this happening a couple of time and it usually make the belt jump teeth or it rubs so much the belt just perishes.
alan-g-w

4th Oct 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're lucky that you've only bent 8 valves. When I bump started mine when the timing belt was seized I took out 15 valves and about 10 valve guides.

New Poll