corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car wont start, petrol not getting through jet but jet replaced read inside

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car wont start, petrol not getting through jet but jet replaced read inside
spunky09

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, my car wont start at all its a corsa b 1.2 i replaced the jet onop today and thats not sorted the problem. I take the jet off and tick it over and petrol comes out of the carb but when i put the jet on it wont let the petrol through im guessing the wire you connect on it is some sort of thing that opens and closes the jet but it seems it aint opening ? can someone help me please
luke85

21st Oct 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not about jets and carbs, your talking about the throttle body and fuel injector

The wire going to the injector is what pulses it on and off to regulate the amount of fuel injected.

Whats the history of this, has it been working and now just stopped? Is there an alarm/immobiliser fitted?

Are you getting a spark to the HT leads?
spunky09

21st Oct 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats the one i have been having problems for a few days now but today just totaly stopped it had a home installed immobiliser i took that out and put the wiring back to normal worked fine after that then broke down on me thats when i replaced the injector
luke85

21st Oct 09 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have the orange engine management light on the dash when you turn the ignition on?

Are the HT leads sparking when you put a spark plug in one and hold it against the engine block?
spunky09

21st Oct 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep that comes on when i turm the key and not to sure because they all brand new spark plugs and ht leads and dizy cap
luke85

21st Oct 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not saying its a problem with the ignition, its just a good measure as to what the ECU is recieving and sending out.

If there is no spark then it could be a crank sensor problem.
If there is a spark then you need to focus on the fuel system a bit more.

Have you read any fault codes off? http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm
spunky09

21st Oct 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i know what you mean, got i dignostic test nothing came up on taht either

New Poll