corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car wont fill up properly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car wont fill up properly
Shane

User status: Offline
   20th Feb 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant get more than a couple of pence in the tank without the nozzle clicking, tried the nozzle at 90 degrees.

any way to solve this?
rbailey88

20th Feb 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to no the answer to this my last corsa sport did that???? i had to just have the end of the nozzle in and fill up slow? nothing looked out of place though.
Kevxx

20th Feb 10 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahahahahaha sorry.

Either you have the pump too far in the tank, or not far enough. There is a wee flap that opens and reveals the clit, i meant the goal.

Shane

21st Feb 10 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried everything, and been at loads of different pumps
Root

21st Feb 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently it's a sensor and it can be fixed, although do it at a garage, you don't wanna be the one who sets your own car, and yourself on fire if any tools make a spark. Need to get mine done too...but it seems going with garages, you either get cheap idiots who won't do a job right, or expensive people that do it right but just charge a lot. I'd choose the expensive people to do it, any day of the week as you don't want fumes getting out that tank..
rbailey88

21st Feb 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
hahahahahaha sorry.

Either you have the pump too far in the tank, or not far enough. There is a wee flap that opens and reveals the clit, i meant the goal.

hahahaha
EltonJohnInNova

21st Feb 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahahah, reading this mine done exactly the same :S i could never work out WHY, but after filling up so many times i noticed,, pull the pump lever in untill just BEFORE it clicks, might fill up slow but doesnt keep stoping, hold it on the clicking point, holding the pump sorta sideways/angle
Root

21st Feb 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by EltonJohnInNova
ahahah, reading this mine done exactly the same :S i could never work out WHY, but after filling up so many times i noticed,, pull the pump lever in untill just BEFORE it clicks, might fill up slow but doesnt keep stoping, hold it on the clicking point, holding the pump sorta sideways/angle

Yes, you can squeeze the pump accurately and doing it slower makes it not click.
I've also found that sometimes putting the pump in upside down (i wasn't being a bell end , I was pulling it over the roof of my car due to lack of fuel pumps in a busy station), this sometimes works, as does not pushing the pump in all the way sometimes. Very tempermental.
Shane

21st Feb 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive tried it all and nothing stoll
Rich H

21st Feb 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine does this too, I just don't put the pump in quite as far or squeeze the trigger as much now. Does make filling up slower, but doesn't keep clicking off.

Only thing is, it makes filling up a bit of a guessing game - I never put more than £35 in now lol.

New Poll