corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » no spark

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author no spark
LiamWorthington

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently had some trouble with my xe i was driving to modified live and on the way the bolts in the front gearbox mount decided to come loose causing the engine and box dropping. I sorted this and bolted it all back in place, but now it dosent want to start its getting fuel but no spark??? i changed the coil and it worked for a day. Now it wont spark agen, i have ordered a new crank sensor as apparently it could be the problem, where is the crank senor located??? cheers
lee_dodd

6th May 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you disconnected an earth by accident?
LiamWorthington

6th May 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel the earth from the gearbox to the chassis leg had snappd but held that onto the chassis leg whilst cranking it but nowt. will it have to be connected properly?
Vivasam

6th May 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holding an earth on will not do, I am afraid. You will need to renew the earth strap, this will be the cause of the probs. you have. If a crankshaft sensor is gone, the car will not start, period. The one you have ordered will do as a handy spare.
craig_s

7th May 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try putting a jump lead from a good earth point on the engine to the negative on the battery.

New Poll