corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advisorys....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advisorys....
rickish1

User status: Offline
30th Dec 10 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O/s front crossmember and chassis starting to corrode

O/s rear inner sill starting to corrode

O/s rearfexi hose bracket starting to corrode

Rear exhaust box rubbing on spare wheel cover

Any of these a big problem? do the corrosion bits sound like all i need is a bit of welding done? what can i do about the exhaust rubbing the spare wheel box?
Phillips_91

30th Dec 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exhaust might just need the clamp over the axle undoing and twisting a little to move it away
and rust, what about sanding back a little and treating with some rustproofing or similar, dont know too much about it :/
merlokquest

30th Dec 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ADVISORYS are designed to help prevent things getting out of hand I.E corrosion, worn tyres, brake pads/discs that are at the time of test acceptable for a pass but will need sorting sooner or later and any advisorys given by next year will more than likely fail your car next time round so get it sorted sooner rather than leaving it to next mot time when money is short as it always is when u need it and it go straight through instead of him going well mate yea your car is rotten death trap best to nip it in the bud while u can as its like a drip u leave it it will get worse and worse
rickish1

30th Dec 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cool, i know someone who can weld it all up for me, may aswell get it in asap! cheers for the info people

New Poll