corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » squeeking and loss of PAS on corsa xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author squeeking and loss of PAS on corsa xe
rbailey88

User status: Offline
9th Jan 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power steering on my corsa (c20xe) squeeks and only works at the start of turning the wheel then fades out and becomes stiff... not loosing any fluid and nothing looks out of place. the problem started month or so back and gradually got to how it is now. could there be an air lock? any pointers would be great, thanks
alan-g-w

9th Jan 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the battery light came on? Has it still got a fan belt?

The fan belt drives the pump, a squeeky belt usually is a sign of it needing replaced. If the belt's still there and turning the pump and alterntor it's going to be new pump time - it may have siezed and that noise you heard was just that.
craig_s

11th Jan 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check belt tension,check bushes in the pump mount.

turning lock to lock a couple of times with the cap off usually bleeds the system although i doubt its this anyway.

sounds like the belt is slipping to me,loose or out of line.

New Poll