corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE Cam Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Cam Question
Gsi_Ire

User status: Offline
27th Feb 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me this.

244deg Kent cams. Is there any benefit to fitting them?

Cheers

Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure they're 244? Standard is about that I think.
AlexW

27th Feb 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poss re-profiled (I think thats what most Kent's are), If they are cheap, Yeah, Not sure I'd be going for them though. Depends on the rest of the spec of the engine etc.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could differ on overlap or something, but they do sound fairly mild.
c20letandy1988

27th Feb 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had some kent cams off ebay when i had a 1.6 and they came and had gm on them??? but when i looked closer each lobe had been shaved dont know what that would do but they worked and felt a bit faster like wether that was me thinking it had done something i dunno lol
philip2

28th Feb 11 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need to find out the lift really. and they machine the bottom of the lobe so essentially lifts the hydraulic follower higher so then gives more valve lift. im not a big fan of reprofiled cams as depending on how much has been taken off it can cause the lifters to be very very nosiey and not give you great gains.

good example is possys 20xe on here, he had ast1612 cams and his car made 173bhp at wheels with stock bottom end, ported head, tbs and an ex manifold, fitted high comp bottom end, same head, but with double springs and caps, and after problems with some bp285s he bought that burst a set of new lifters and made no power(120@wheels at 5k!!) i fitted some stock cams and got 169bhp at wheels at 6.5k and it had more power right the way across the powerband and more torque than when fitted with the ast1612s and they were reprofiled jobbies.

New Poll