corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What do you think might be causing all these problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do you think might be causing all these problems?
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 11 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wife's car (Ford Cougar V6) is going in for its MOT and service tomorrow, I've written up a list for the garage to go through

I'm not too certain it'll pass the MOT...

Any ideas what these could be?

1. Metallic vibrating noise from the centre of the exhaust (sounds like it’s coming from the heat shield)?

2. Groaning noise from the front end when going over bumps in the road (sounds like it’s suspension related)?

3. Squealing noise from rear brakes.

4. Audible “clunk” from the front end sometimes if you slightly tap the brakes, almost feels like a metal clunking noise – maybe worn bushes somewhere?

5. From a stationary position, if you take your foot slightly off the brake pedal (enough for the car to move forward) and then gently push the pedal back in, you can feel some vibration/feedback through the brake pedal and steering wheel – and it sounds like a ‘rubbing’ sort of noise.

6. Very bad vibration/feedback felt through the steering wheel and brakes when doing between 55-70mph, offside wing mirror also vibrates badly when this happens (nearside doesn’t though?) – I thought this was down to a wheel balancing problem but a local tyre place said only one wheel (one of the fronts) was slightly out of balance so they added extra weights to the wheel, however the problem still persists.

7. Sometimes if you put the car in reverse and immediately take your foot off the brake pedal, you can hear a noise which sounds like a wooden cupboard being dragged across a wooden floor! This seems to happen mostly if the front wheels aren’t in a straight position.

You can also feel some slight vibration/feedback through the steering wheel also when this happens. This doesn’t seem to occur if you keep your foot on the brake for about one second after you’ve put the car in reverse (in other words, this only happens when the car is actually moving).

Edit - car is automatic in case you were wondering.

[Edited on 29-03-2011 by Sam]
corsatdi

29th Mar 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All too much for me to take in, in one go! With regards to no 6 do you have aftermarket alloys?
Sam
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah mate totally standard car.
corsatdi

29th Mar 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to sure then, with all the braking complaints it could be that somethings either bent worn or loose on either side
Sam
Premium Member

29th Mar 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am hoping they don't say lower arms... Cheapest I've seen on eBay is £277 for the pair, as they are the same ones that are used on the Mondeo ST200!

New Poll