corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » broken ball joint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author broken ball joint
B77Dezul

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello. recently i was driving my car and what i think is the ball joint snapped whilst taking a roundabout, luckily i was driving at a reasonable speed as if i was doing any faster im sure i would of certainly crashed as i had no chance of controlling my steering. I had the clicking noise for like 2 days and was just about to get it looked at which is quiet annoying really!

anyways...... im just wondering if i take it to the garage how much will i be ripped off? i would try fixing it myself but if there is any damage to other components surrounding the wheel i would like that to get professionally looked at.

Thanks
johnhara1

2nd Jan 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ball Joint is around £10 to £15 if you do it yourself, a garage will probably charge an hours labour £30? to do the work.

They may want to do the tracking aswell, say another £30.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jan 12 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ball joint or track rod end? Did the wheel attempt to leave the arch or you just got loose steering?
B77Dezul

2nd Jan 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave the arch. it was facing like 80 degrees out of the arch
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jan 12 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to check the strut mounts in the engine bay, usually pulls the wing off as well, how is the bodywork?
B77Dezul

2nd Jan 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wing has come out a little but there is no visual damage on it what so ever as it is still securely fitted, but it will need taking off and putting correctly back on
corsa-vxr

3rd Jan 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur shaft will most likely have came out and fooked the cv aswell did on mines anyways in an old c20xe corsa balljoint snapped when i were going over speedbump wasnt even doing 10mph needed new balljoint inner cv and a wing
0775kieran

3rd Jan 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar thing happened to me this weekend, doing 10mph down narrow street braked at the end and the steering wheel snatched out my hand. Checked underneath and ball joint has come loose over a pot hole i hit the previous night, it also ripped the the tie bar and polybush straight out the crossmember, lucky was only going slow.

New Poll