corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » traction control

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author traction control
GTM

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 61 plate zafira company car at the mo. It had traction control then I started to notice that it started to get a bit unstable around corners and in the wet. I have to carry a fair bit of weight in it and the tc helped. I seem to have turned it off somehow or it has broken. I gave it some beans from standing and it just spins. I had a tracke
r fitted and tbh I think its only been doin this since then but it may be coincidence. anyone know if there is a switch, some sites I've looked at say you can't turn it off which is what everyone seems to want to do so I can't find a solution to turn it on. sorry for the essay, any help greatly appreciated. thanks.
johnhara1

22nd Feb 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was switched off, there would be a light on the dash to tell you.

If you had turned it off by accident, it would be on again by default when you next started the car.
John

22nd Feb 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car shouldn't be unstable round corners unless you've seriously overloaded it.
GTM

22nd Feb 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only got chocolate in, it weighs a bit but its not like rubble. I have to drive a lot of cambered country roads and it wasn't an overly stable car before. The light used to flicker on when the traction control was in use, I could peel out now and it wouldn't come on. Could the guy who fitted the tracker have blown a fuse?

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by GTM]
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Feb 12 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, the light would be on.
andy_mk3

29th Feb 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the light come on when you turn on the ignition? It should do, if not then it may have been disabled.

New Poll