corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing pas from Corsa sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing pas from Corsa sport
Vauxdan88

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm possibly going to scrap the idea of power steering on my xe conversion as I've been adviced it's much better without,of course it's harder parking in tight spaces but general driving is better. So can I just remove the bottle and pipes and keep the standard rack?
andy_mk3

24th Mar 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can, but the steering will be extra heavy on a PAS rack as it's geared different to a manual rack.
Vauxdan88

24th Mar 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it ruin the rack? What about keeping it? Coz that was the original plan but then I was told its quite dodgy having pas on an xe Corsa. U can't feel the road properly,and I tried to fit it using the xe pump with Corsa pipes,read they fit but the screw in one doesn't seem too,it's too small for the hole,and the xe one has about a 4" bit of metal rod comin out the top which fouls the bottom of the engine mount before it can line up with the mount to stick the bolt through
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need a manual rack, or the EPS one isn't too bad, also a shorter ratio.
Vauxdan88

24th Mar 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well can anyone actually explain to me how to fit the power steering. Like I said that was the original plan but I can't see how to fit it as the Corsa screw in pipe is to small for xe pump and the xe pipe fouls the engine mount before it can be bolted up at the top
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Mar 12 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame your not a bit closer I could make up the hoses for you.

Can you take some pictures, and I might be able to help a bit more.
Vauxdan88

24th Mar 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've already explained about the pipes four times! And still no straight forward answer to my questions. I cant upload pics as it won't work for some reason. I just want to know how and which pipes are used if you do decide to keep the pas. I know people have used the Corsa ones but how!
Vauxdan88

24th Mar 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I mean 4 times as in 2 on here 2 on other threads! Still no straight answer
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Mar 12 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fit a manual rack. 99% of cars have power steering and they feel numb, but they aren't dodgy to drive, because you can't feel the road properly.

New Poll