corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1 litre timing chains

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 litre timing chains
Root

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to buy a 1 litre corsa tomorrow, I know that on belts it's reccommended that they're changed at 60k miles.

On timing chains (1 litres), am I correct in thinking it's reccommended to change at 100k? The milage is at 92 at the moment so I'll do it very shortly after purchase if this is true. Thank you
Joe

21st Jun 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No specific intervals, I wouldn't change one unless it was already rattling.
Root

21st Jun 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Joe, apparently it is a little noisy so I think I'll do it regardless, as soon as I can afford to, thanks
johnhara1

21st Jun 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let the car warm up before you hand over any cash, you'll know how noisy it is once the oil has thinned.
Root

22nd Jun 12 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
Let the car warm up before you hand over any cash, you'll know how noisy it is once the oil has thinned.

bought it via eBay so I'm obliged to hand over the cash, providing the car is as described and has no hidden secrets. got it for a bargain price, it's GLS model, 11 months MOT, 3 months Tax £360.

But thanks for the tip, I'll be doing that, as well as checking chassis numbers, just in case

So not that arsed if the chain needs doing, should be able to figure it out with a haynes and my dad
Really excited about driving again and using corsasport.co.uk again! Feels awesome

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by Root]
D0NN3R

23rd Jun 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chains are easy to do i did my first one at college on a mates car just take your time with it as it takes along time to do
vauxhall say it takes 4.6 hours to do i did it in 5 hours

New Poll