corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » polishing out an inlet advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author polishing out an inlet advice
Jed D

User status: Offline
26th Dec 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone ever polished out any sort of inlet?

been thinking about buying one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/135W-Mini-Electric-Die-Grinder-Grinding-Polishing-Hobby-Maker-Flex-Shaft-100088-/290823292772?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item43b66b4764

its the only one i can find for a reasonable price that has a flex shaft to get around the corners

its mainly to get in and around the inside of one of these

but theres a few other bits i could make flow better too....

is it worth having a go at, anyone with actual experiences doing it?

cheers
jay.jay

26th Dec 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a go at polishing the inside of that lower x16xe inlet I bought off you a while back, couldn't tell you if it made a difference cause the engine isn't in yet lol couldn't get right into the middle of it tho
Jed D

26th Dec 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff, did the one you had have the flexy bit on though?

i know this kind of stuff should ideally be left to the pro's but just wondering if its worth having a bash. any horror stories?
Jed D

26th Dec 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also contemplating doing something with these...

maybe taking out the bump bit in the middle of the port a bit...?

and the lower fuel rail inlet part, 2nd one in on the right.... the bit below that is the lower divider and iv already got a 3l one of those that has larger ports... just seems a bit pointless when its still restricted above it...
jay.jay

26th Dec 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah didn't have a long flexy bit that's why I couldn't do it to mine. As for the ports on the head, I reckon it's best left to pros tbh, the other bits I can't see why you can't give it a bash yourself tho.
bigron1988

26th Dec 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just so you know jed taking out bits of it can sometimes make it worse ,just polishing it sounds good
Jed D

26th Dec 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
just so you know jed taking out bits of it can sometimes make it worse ,just polishing it sounds good

yeah i thought that mite happen, i.e taking too much would make the air bounce in different directions inside kind of thing...?

just if you look at the 3l lower divider as apposed to the standard 2.5 one theres loads of difference... people swear by the 3l one, just their seem to be a bit of a lip in the 2.5 fuel rail divider part... so much more could come out i suppose...
davegreen
Premium Member

27th Dec 12 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres loads of guides on how to port match and polish ports on youtube. ive seen 5bhp gains on a standard x16xel by matching the inlet ports alone. caastings are rough from standard and poorly matched.

New Poll