corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa c Problems - Still ongoing!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c Problems - Still ongoing!!!
Gareth T

User status: Offline
7th Jan 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I've been on the site but I have a problem with my 2004 corsa C 1.2 sxi twinport. Since before christmas it was losing some power and sounded as if it was taking in or not taking enough oxygen and sometime cutting out (if that makes sense). I have an oxygen sensor number two changed and it has been running fine until today when my partner was coming back from work doing 60mph on a main road and it started to 'jerk' around and then cut out. It was towed round the corner from our house and when I got in it to see if it would start it started first time, took it round the block and it was running fine. I've been told it could be an intermittent (sp) problem and was wondering if anyone has had the same/similar problem? Thanks

[Edited on 15-01-2014 by Gareth T]
deano87

7th Jan 14 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be air flow meter? Would make my 12v (Corsa B) bog down.

Have you checked the breather pipes? These clogged up makes the revs drop in certain whether.

The latter is particularly easy to fix - two pipes that run from the rocker cover to throttle body. Take them off, carb cleaner, job done.
AndyCorsaSport

7th Jan 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As deano said could be breather pipes. Since the engines are fucking shit, with the plastic rockers, the breathers clog up really bad. Best way is 2 new pipes I find. For the money they cost. Also take the throttle body off and clean that too.
corsajay88

7th Jan 14 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the pedal trick mate should give you an idea. My money would be on crank sensor. Had one where it would idle funny and sometimes cut out but start and be fine straight away and another where it would cut out and not start while it was hot
Gareth T

8th Jan 14 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its booked into Evans Halshaw friday morning. I hope its rectified as the car is relied upon by us, friends, family.
deano87

11th Jan 14 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Breather pipe clean with carb cleaner could have been a significantly more cost effective fix.

I'm not mechanically minded at all but I could do it!
Gareth T

11th Jan 14 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its back in Monday morning, told its oxygen sensor number one and some sort of unit under the bonnet needs ee-sealing to stop the water in the passenger footwell.
Simon_16v

11th Jan 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The number one sensor will do the fueling, whereas the second just makes sure the gasses aren't damaging the cat converter
Gareth T

13th Jan 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bcn unit re-sealed & o2 sensor no.1 has made me £270 lighter today. Roll on September so I can change the car.
AndyCorsaSport

14th Jan 14 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They know how to charge. Common thing though wet footwells. Can be both sides too.
Gareth T

14th Jan 14 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
They know how to charge. Common thing though wet footwells. Can be both sides too.

I thought it was both but it was only the passenger side. Im looking for a new car middle/end of thia year anyway, its done me well for.nearly 5yrs ownership.

Gareth T

15th Jan 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RANT UPDATE: I still have the problem of the car juddering and cutting out. First time its been driven today since it was fixed on monday and its still doing the same things.

I was in the car this time and the engine management light cam on as well as the oil light, anybody had this problem nefore and any advice on what to do? im contacting Evan Halshaw again tomorrow as they were the ones who changed the oxygen sensor and said it was sorted.
corsajay88

15th Jan 14 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the pedal trick and check the codes
deano87

15th Jan 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AFM?
Graeme
Premium Member

15th Jan 14 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say air flow meter. That normally will kick up the other problems with the pre and post cat sensors.
deano87

16th Jan 14 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well check the breather pipes too.

Even if it doesn't cure it, they're not supposed to be blocked so clean 'em out.

I was really astonished how it changed the running of my 12v.

New Poll