corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Insuring a corsa with an 2.0 8v engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insuring a corsa with an 2.0 8v engine
Tom N

User status: Offline
11th Aug 04 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi

i was just perusing insurance sites seeing which cars are insurable for me and i tried a cavalier sri (with 2.0 8v transplant in mind) and i got a very good quote! what is the situation with transplanting an engine into a corsa and insuring it? obviously it will go up a bit but how much? i have heard that the insurers base it on the donor car?

any help would be good!

thanks
tom
Rebrabuk

11th Aug 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t-gangsta
insuring it? obviously it will go up a bit but how much?

Aren't you answering your own question?!...

quote:
i was just perusing insurance sites seeing which cars are insurable for me and i tried a cavalier sri (with 2.0 8v transplant in mind) and i got a very good quote!

topshot_2k
Banned

11th Aug 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux matey, they only want extra £50 a year to do 1.6 16V conversion including velos torque tube, chip, induction kit, exhaust in total it is 789quid form me (im 20 with 2NCB) so it shouldnt be too much more for a standard 2ltr 8v. give em a call mate they are well helpfull
Tom N

11th Aug 04 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
quote:
insuring it? obviously it will go up a bit but how much?

Aren't you answering your own question?!...

quote:
i was just perusing insurance sites seeing which cars are insurable for me and i tried a cavalier sri (with 2.0 8v transplant in mind) and i got a very good quote!

i can see how this may be confusing! but i don't want a cav sri - i want the engine out of one to put in my corsa! i think if the insurance companies want to scam more money, they will have thought about this too
Tom N

11th Aug 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

topshot^^ thanks for the info i'll try them tomorrow, but it might be different since the 2.0 is a non corsa engine

New Poll