corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Traffic light camera crap

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Traffic light camera crap
AK

User status: Offline
8th Sep 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

specs i think... the yellow ones?
o0MattE0o

8th Sep 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yellow ones are called GATSO's
AK

8th Sep 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no.... the grey ones with yellow marking's are gatso's

The ones im talking about look like CCTV camera's
o0MattE0o

8th Sep 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ow in that case then yes your right I fort you was on about the ones with Yellow marking's around the out side...
Corsa_T

8th Sep 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yellow ones are gatso's and ones at traffic lights are violator camera's, i am a maintenance engineer for these, the likely hood of the camera having film in it is very small, as these make no revenue, just there as a deterent. if the cops have not contacted you within two weeks then a) there was no film b) even if there was they have to inform you within the two weeks, so cant prosecute you. but as has been said just say it was impossible for you to stop safely without causing an accident. depends how many times it flashed also, so i wldn't worry bout it mate! hope thats a help
Rileysport

9th Sep 04 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys feelin better bout it now
blundey

9th Sep 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The camera's that are NOT marked on the m25 are known as TAC's! They certainly do not calculate what speed you were going from one junction to another. FOr them to do this they would have to have some kind of Artificial intelligence that lets the computer take a picture, grab your license information..store that information until you get to the next camera, then it has to do the above process again and compare the two IMAGES. This is not a possibility. It could be done by man, but the vast volume of cars on the m25 would make this kind of traffic violation cost more money than they are going to recieve from catching people.

BTW the TAC's at each junction are TRAFFIC AWARNESS CAMERAS. They ARE man'ed. They enable traffic control to set speed limits and warn of possible queues and delays at up comming junctions.

o0MattE0o

9th Sep 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean imposable all it has to do is take a picture and time of picture... then when the second picture is taken if it is say 30 Min's or less they where speeding simple it dose not need Artificial Intelligence....

and the ones that are maned camra's are controlled by the STAR center in Heathrow (not shore about one other side of london)...
LoudandProud

9th Sep 04 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by diddon
quote:
Originally posted by adelcorsa
they have them cameras in colchester

Yes they do and I've seen them flash

yes by leisure world many times makes me laugh
blundey

9th Sep 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by o0MattE0o
what do you mean imposable all it has to do is take a picture and time of picture... then when the second picture is taken if it is say 30 Min's or less they where speeding simple it dose not need Artificial Intelligence....

and the ones that are maned camra's are controlled by the STAR center in Heathrow (not shore about one other side of london)...

Ok nothing is impossible...but think of it like this. The computer that takes the picture first time around...ok thats fine. The second time around it has then to get another picture...depending on what lane you are now in. It has to then READ the registration number plate from that picture and compare it to the other plate from the previous picture. Saying that there are going to be more than one car in the pciture, so it will have to identify what car its checking for, and then compare it to another picture...the process is endless there are so many paradox's! What happens if your to close to another car, it cant get your number. What about in a traffic jam....when does the camera know when to take picture? All the time? if you have a HUGE tailback of traffic its going to have so much information that it cant deal with...also there will be duplicates...the list is endless with problems. It may be a possibility but the time needed for this process would be so long you would never get a ticket. Just thought of something else....say it takes the first picture....then later on the second. It would then have to go through absolutley 100's of thousands of pictures so it could compare the two.

I work in computer programming, and i can tell you now if this could be pulled off, we would all know about it, because it would revoultionise the way we get caught for speeding. Road angel and alikes would not be worth the money they are, and gatso or other type of speed camera would siese "incorrect spelling" to exist.

[Edited on 09-09-2004 by blundey]
blundey

9th Sep 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to mention having a program that can look at a picture and tell you the number or text in that picture...is a big enough task in itself.
o0MattE0o

9th Sep 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well your for bedfordshire so I can safly say you never seen these camra's I live near the M25 and M4 near heathrow airport and they have every type of camra possabale...
blundey

9th Sep 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive down the m25 everyday! The only camera's ive seen are the ones near road works. Im not trying to be argumentative...im just stating that these cameras i have never seen or heard of, and can not imagine something of this scale to work.
Corsa_T

9th Sep 04 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ones on the gantry (tac) are manned, and the operator is the person who can calculate your speed, then pass this on to any cop on the motorway, that is how these cameras catch you
blundey

9th Sep 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fuck me! what a waste of alot of men when one gatso can do the same job.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll