corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 totally tuned up possible of 100bhp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 totally tuned up possible of 100bhp
philly willy

User status: Offline
19th Feb 05 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey
I was told not so long ago that if you are willing to spend the money then u cud get a 1.0 to pushh almost 100bhp, with the following
Dabalis manifold
dabalis chip
Tony law manifold
de cat
head polished and skimed
increasing the throttle body size

Is this true?and say these mods where carried out whats to say the engine could handle it.what does everyone think?

Phil
Richie

19th Feb 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=121601

1.0 turbo, reckoned it had between 110 and 135bhp
philly willy

19th Feb 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook me but it dont look like a 1ltr there are at 4pistons
Fraser Young

19th Feb 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philly willy
fook me but it dont look like a 1ltr there are at 4pistons

Tis a 1.0, I'm sure that foreign corsa models had 4cyl 1.0 8v engines
as for tuning the 1.0, waste of time and money, i looked into this when i only had my corsaC but instead of tuning it i jus made it look the way i want and bought a Corsa B Gsi at the same time and tuned it, saved all the hassle
impacter

19th Feb 05 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm... i have a 1litre... does this mean that i still have a chance overtaking parked cars hehe. Tell me more... how car i tune my 1litre engine ?
Fraser Young

19th Feb 05 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by impacter
hmm... i have a 1litre... does this mean that i still have a chance overtaking parked cars hehe. Tell me more... how car i tune my 1litre engine ?

transplant!

When i looked at it, best thing could do was for bout 600 squid, could get the dblias inlet for the 3cyl, which would +15bhp but in all honesty for slightly more than that you could get a 1.6 conversion anyway...
philly willy

19th Feb 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its V true i have looked into the whole tweeking of the engine area.
To be honest if ya do tweek a 10. its gonna cost then there is the "will it be reliable"chances are it wont because the 1.0 isnt designed to handle to amount of power the engine mods will be whipping through the little monster.
The cheepest way of getting it to go faster is by doin a transplant!as long as u dont go any bigger then 1.6 then you wont have any majour probs. Yer a 2.0 is wkd in corsa but the car wasnt designed for it and as soon as you hit a corner at speed with that 2.0 ltr lump in the front end it aint gonna handle as well as it used to.i am waiting to put a 1.6 in my little monster.
adelcorsa

19th Feb 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats y u can get uprated bits like springs brakes ect
u can by springs for 2ltr conv
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Feb 05 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outputs of 100bhp per litre are generally attainable, so 1.6 can be taken to 160bhp, 2 litre to 200 etc. for sensible money. This can be achieved either with artificial aspiration (turboing) or improving normal aspiration (fitment of throttle bodies, cams, increasing rev limit etc.) Both cost a few thousand. If then want to go even higher power you would have to throw even more money at the engine, ie 1.6 to 200 bhp is thousands again.

You could throw similar money at a 1 litre engine and get a similar result, as people from other countries have done so in the past. Then of course you are stuck at 100bhp without spending silly money.

Over here though, 1.6 engines (or even complete cars - less messing) are in good enough supply to make a transplant a far more sensible route, and you always have the option later on of going further with the bigger engine.

[Edited on 19-02-2005 by Ian]
philly willy

19th Feb 05 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://groups.msn.com/PhillysPhotos/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3

Here is my car so far
ed

20th Feb 05 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by impacter

Buy a new car/engine.

New Poll