corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tapping on start up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tapping on start up
JRcorsasport

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the last few weeks when i have come to start my car up in a morning,
there is a tapping noise that speeds up and slows down with the revs, it only lasts about 5 minutes until the engine reaches near to 90 temperature then it stops?

my m8 reckons its camlifters or somthing?

i was wondering more if its a serious problem or not, cause if it is i want to get it sorted asap its annoying more than anything

cheers,
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

22nd Feb 07 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not necassarily a serious problem, mine taps from cold. Just one of the problems with an older engine. It can be that an oil way is blocked or the tappets have worn or somthing. I'd advise putting some wynn's oil additive in to help lubricate the parts

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
JRcorsasport

22nd Feb 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye was thinking maybe to try some redex or something, im presuming wynns is the same sort of thing?

what are the tappets? never heard of them before
andyc1234

22nd Feb 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

redex goes in ur tank wynns stuff goes in the oil tappets run off your camshaft and fill with oil when the engine is running to meet the camshaft if the tappets are worn or something is blocked then they wont fill properly and not make proper contact with the cam hence the tapping. mine does it bad when its a bit low on oil

[Edited on 22-02-2007 by andyc1234]

New Poll