corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uprating ARB's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uprating ARB's
Pop

User status: Offline
4th Apr 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey...

Just seeing if anyone can shed some more light on uprating ARB's. As far as I know uprating the rear ARB to a thicker one will increase oversteer and uprating the front ARB will increase understeer.

I had my car on the track the other day and on the whole I was happy with how it drove. The only issue I had was with body roll at the front. Am I right in thinking that body roll will be decreased wih a thicker front ARB at the expense of more understeer?

If that's right, then in theory if I uprate the rear ARB to then I should have less roll and the same kind of ratio with understeer/oversteer.

Can anyone confirm this or am I talking rot.

Tim
Robin
Premium Member

4th Apr 07 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the theory, yes.

I found that with an uprated front, my car turned in a lot better, I never had issues with understeer unless I was being silly.

Uprating both would keep the car balanced, but it might oversteer and understeer slightly more.

Harder springs would reduce body roll too.
Pop

4th Apr 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm using eibach coilovers at the moment, can you uprate springs used on coilovers?
Dan Lewis

4th Apr 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can get different poundage springs

New Poll