corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Changing an AC compressor on my Ibiza

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Changing an AC compressor on my Ibiza
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th May 09 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes yes yes the fucker has gone, not impressed (jr - cheap one please? )

After the initial shock of what looks to be a big job, I popped outside and got under the car and it actually doesn't look like a big job.

Obviously I'll have to get the system de-pressurised and all the gas zapped out (what a pain because I just paid £46 to have it gassed up!).

Then it looks like I'll have to slack off the aux belt using pictured tensioner?

Then take off the air con pipes and three bolts holding the compressor to the engine bracket, pop it out and then refit?

Does that sound right?

AC pipes to be taken off once depressurised and you can just see the green bolt to be taken off

Underside of the compressor, can see the two bolts and plug that needs to be undone.

Aux belt tensioner

Thanks for any help in advance!
ChrisBoom

5th May 09 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, should be slacken belt, remove pipes and remove pump.

Just whip of the pipes and let it drain into the atmosphere

Oh, and when I re-filled my aircon after the pipes were off, I got a can from halfords, £30 I think it was, filled it up myself and it had some spare, worked better than before.

[Edited on 05-05-2009 by ChrisBoom]
pow
Premium Member

5th May 09 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Chris

Can't see why people are sooo scared of the job, an oil change looks more involved!

Compressors aint cheap, got my eye on one on ebay but it's not very cheap plus from a 2001 car im a bit ummm...
barneykarl

5th May 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How have you checked that it is the comp at fault, could be the comp clutch or gas L.P.or electrical problem.
pow
Premium Member

5th May 09 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the gas because it's pulled a vacum and held the gas in, garage told me it is the clutch at fault but better replacing the whole unit.
barneykarl

5th May 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at the pics can,t be to old a motor I would try the clutch side first cheaper than a comp, then new comp if that does not sort it, why was it just gassed up does it still have the gas charge in the system, did they check pressures.
pow
Premium Member

5th May 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a 2002 car with 94k on the clock, apparently it's a common problem with the Ibiza.
barneykarl

5th May 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, if you do the comp or clutch change yourself pop it round to me and I will gas it up for you if you like foc.
John

5th May 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody always says the clutch is a big job on scn.
pow
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fuck that then, gunna do some ringing around this morning for a compressor.
Fro

6th May 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if i still have the one from the blown engine down the yard, or if it'll be the same?
pow
Premium Member

6th May 09 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro, texted you!

New Poll