corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ice advice! front speakers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ice advice! front speakers
dazjones25

User status: Offline
17th Jun 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted new speakers 2day an 1 is makin a fuzzy noise wen turned up
any ideas?
FAZ
Premium Member

17th Jun 09 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine do this, supposed to be altenator whine or whatever its called, need a ground loop isolator on the altenator, i have one on mine, it has reduced it but not alot, other side (i think anyway) is they are recieving lots of power, mine are amped by at least twice there rating but i dont know
inliner04

17th Jun 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternator noise does not change with the volume and is a whining sound as the name suggests. Sounds by yours as if it is more a hissing/muffled sound, if there is a hissing sound then it means that your leveling is wrong- ie if amped, then the gain on the amp is too high. . .if it is not amped then try setting the equaliser differently, for example if low frequencies have been boosted then set them back to zero and reduce the other frequencies.
E.g if your eq is set to:
Low +2 Mid +1 High +1, subtract two off of each to change it too
Low 0 Mid -1 High -1,
If the eq has more bands than 3 then just follow the same steps for the others

New Poll