corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Repairing my Corsa's back panel damage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Repairing my Corsa's back panel damage
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   18th Nov 09 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just after some thoughts really on the best way to sort out the creased back panel on my Corsa. It's not that far gone tbh, the boot floor and rear quarters are 100% fine. Its just the actual rear panel that needs attention.

I don't want to get a new panel welded in really so looking for ideas on how to remove the dented areas. Would a slide hammer be my best bet? Anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

Cheers
Root

18th Nov 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammers ftw
johnhara1

18th Nov 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Block of wood and a mash hammer.
Richardhhha

18th Nov 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gawd thats a littlw bump lol, my one was smashed in so bad we needed a crow bar to open the tail gait.

If you want to change it then its easy enough, just a shit load of spot welds that need taking out, and then its just a case of cleaning the metal up and ether welding or riviting it all back together. Mines been riveted. All i say is if its ok for a space shuttle and the new jag xjr thn its good enough for me..
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
gawd thats a littlw bump lol, my one was smashed in so bad we needed a crow bar to open the tail gait.

Yeah like I say its not that bad. Doesnt warrant a new back panel. Just wondering the best way to knock the dents out

[Edited on 18-11-2009 by shaunmods]
Richardhhha

18th Nov 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hammer and a lump of wood t knock it i to a rough shape then its hammer and dolly to make it smooth and shring the metal, if needed you will have to heat the metal then use the hammer and dolly to shrink it back fully then a couple of coats of glacia white to sort out the damaged paint

New Poll