corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine surge when switching off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine surge when switching off
GSiiiiiii

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys.

I own a 2000 model 1.4i Corsa B. I live in South Africa and the Corsas here got the Brazilian sourced engines. My car has 70 000 km's on it. Lately, when I switch the car off the engine surges just before it dies. It doesn't do it every time, which is also rather frustrating. Engine performs normally otherwise. Not sure if anyone will be able to help coz the engines here in South Africa are different to the ones you guys get there.

BTW ....... pity about West Ham going down. Thought they where going to make it.

Cheers.
K100RSA

12th May 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as a general thing, I think what your describing is "dieseling" this is possibly due to overheating, or maybe the anti run on valve is faulty???? not 100% but possible things to consider , sounds like there is fuel still being able to enter the ports for a short while and the heat from the engine isallowing it to combust, hence the phrase dieseling.

as I said not 100% but its a possiblity.

good luck

Tony
K100RSA

12th May 03 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and yeah, up the ammers, tis a mighty shame, but at least this way they should be able to win lots of games next season.

GSiiiiiii

13th May 03 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice K100RsA. I was thinking of leaving it until the next service at 75000km, but I'm scared it could damage the engine or something. What do you think? Nice rims btw ....... what are they? Only prob for the hammers will be that all their good players will probably leave now, James, Cole, Kanoute, Sinclair, Di Canio is defenitely going, Bowyer....... so they will probably have a lot of new players next season.
Dan_Corsa

13th May 03 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds to me like your timing may be out on your engine

New Poll