corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bad Misfire

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bad Misfire
dean101287

User status: Offline
27th May 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine is a c16xe. Say for example today, I parked up at the gym, went back to the car 2 hours later and started the car, it revs to 1750rpm sounding a bit lumpy, then it will slowly return to 750rpm and sounds relatively ok.
I pull off and if I give it medium to full throttle it just dies, no power, splutters, so I lift the throttle off and ease it down so it picks up slowly. If I change at low revs into second it will do it again. If Im in 4th doin say 20MPH and floor it it will do the same.
Im pretty sure that after I drive it for a bit it stops doing it and when I floor it from a standing starts it pics up very well, or maybe just a small misfire.

Any tips and advice?
Cheers

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by dean101287]
dean101287

27th May 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S Timing will be checked but im 99% sure it OK as I had it off a couple of weeks ago as the car needs new lifters.
jibjob

27th May 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like my problem mate. Heres the link to my thread. Its got a few answers in it
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=560510
dean101287

27th May 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is it only seems to do it when first started. Seems ok aftter. Im going to check the loom and connectors on the weekend. Maybe unplug the AFM and see if its different.
jibjob

27th May 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye thats what mines like mate. Its fine above 3k revs and when its been run for a while but when its first started or a bit cold it coughs and splutters trying to set off and when you put your foot down just loses all power and misfires and pops
jibjob

27th May 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it given you any fault codes on the EML? Mine went into meltdown and gave me 14 random codes that wouldnt go even though we changed the parts
dean101287

27th May 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope no fault codes. I had one that was lambda-air to fuel ration too lean. Knew it was a vacuum leak but took 4 months to find. When it was fixed the light went off. Its strage because in your thread you said it was after you changed valves and I had to change the head on mine aswell

Im going to go through the loom on the weekend and make sure nothings stretched but if anyone has any other ideas then let me know

New Poll