corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cav RARB

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cav RARB
Edges 58

User status: Offline
16th Aug 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate just bought a 1993 Cav SRi just fr the redtop in it. I'm havin the front brakes and thinkin about the rarb.. Will it fit my corsa?
Jamie-C

16th Aug 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea loads have fitted them now. Supposed the improve the handling by a huge amount.
Edges 58

16th Aug 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate!! Was lookin at whiteline but heard these are just as good and wanted to make sure I was getting the right one!!
Edges 58

16th Aug 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, do you have mod the ARB to fit the corsa?
Jamie-C

16th Aug 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied from migweb,

[QUOTE=DaveB;3909829]Arrived on Thursday Drizz, you'd sent it to my parents house. nevermind, got it in the end

So, todays mission should I decide to accept it; get a Cavalier mk3 rear ARB to fit to a corsa.

Off we go then:

My cavalier ARB was from a 2.0 sri cavalier. You can also use(I believe) one from a v6 cavalier, which is actually thicker.

Then, measure up the up the distance between the holes on the base of the corsa rear beam (116cm) and compare that with the total length of the ARB (120cm)

After measuring 116cm apart on the beam, drill a hole in each end that will fit the relevant bolt size (M10).
<This bit was an absolute twat, and unless you have a pillar drill and some very good drill bits. A normal 'hand' drill might struggle>

After offering this up and bolting it up loosely, I moved the standard (although in this case powerflex) cavalier arb mounting bushes nerear into the middle of the beam.

A trip to the local motorfactors for 2nr 92mm exhaust clamps. Bolt it all up, and WALAH!

An (almost) whiteline rear ARB for a corsa, for just £13.98 (tenner for the arb, 3.98 for the two exhaust clamps!)

First impression, in wet weather, is a BIG improvement. The rear of the car is much stiffer. VERY impressed

Thanks to Rick who gave me the idea in the first place, and Drizz for offering me the arb [/QUOTE]
Edges 58

17th Aug 11 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jamie! Legend
JaffaTB

17th Aug 11 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made a big difference on mine!

New Poll