corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Insurance Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance Question
Shelly
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just treated myself to a new car but before hand I got an insurance quote from my current provider.

After i'd bought the car and rung them up to ask them to swap they then said they wouldn't insure me with my current provider and they would have to open a new policy for me. So I would have to pay a cancellation fee plus a new deposit. In the meantime my payment for my current car has come out of my bank today. Which leaves me with only 2 more payments and a month paid for when I am only going to have the car a few more days.

Working things out, I decided to find a cheaper quote elsewhere (which was half what they were quoting me).

The question is... Can I continue to pay the two months left on my existing instead of cancelling? As I would have to pay cancellation fee + 2 months anyway. Which would save me the cancellation fee, i'm just not sure if it's allowed or not
Tony M84

3rd Dec 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know your not allowed to insure a car that isn't yours. And also there is only one policy allowed to be on one car so the next owner wouldn't be able to insure it.
johnhara1

3rd Dec 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shelly i've left a policy running for a month or two to collect my no claims bonus a few times.

It's frowned upon but it will not stop the new owner getting insured. That's ridiculous, at the most if they ever get stopped by the police it may say their is two insurance policies on the car.

Just do it.
Shelly
Premium Member

4th Dec 12 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't fancy losing any no claims either.
pete8v

5th Dec 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

left an insurance policy running for 8months due to paying it all in 2 months and decided to sell it opened a new policy collected the ncb added it on after the other insurance ended added it to my other policy was no questions asked by insurance so i dont see a problem i now have 4years ncb on bikes
Shelly
Premium Member

7th Dec 12 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I need proof of my no claims for my new insurance company, and the old one won't provide it until i've cancelled the insurance. Typical!

New Poll