corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dbilas kit for xe.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dbilas kit for xe.
iby

User status: Offline
5th Apr 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, Need some advice please.

Thinking about placing a dbilas kit on my c20xe corsa B that i have just finished.

My questions:

1) Kit is for £500, is it worth it? looks in really good condition and is complete.

2) Power gains from standard Xe coilpack, 2.25" exhaust system and rest is standard.

3) Will i have to remove the engine to fit the kit

4) Will I have to remove more of the bulk head to make it fit?

Thanks.
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Apr 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kit are you talking about? throttle bodies or turbo?
i know the throttle body kits for the x20xev are not as good as they are made out to be, power gains claimed by dbilas are abit fictional. they dont fit on a corsa b x20xev without removing most of the bulk head. if it is throtttles i would go for jenvey dth ones, more compact and simple to fit.
iby

5th Apr 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry man,

Thinking about the kit on this page:

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/c20xe-goodies-57009.html
tobyc20xe

5th Apr 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As dave said the dbilas kit's are not the best but for the money V power gains i would say it's the best bet. Any over TB kit will set your back £3000+,were the dbilas kit is plug and play,the fact the one your looking as is in good nick is a plus to,offer him £300 and see what he says.
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not bad for the price but you would soon get bored and want a real set, jenvey dth sets with ecu, loom, all the sensors start at around £1400 time youve got all the other parts hoses, catch tank, filters, mapping around £2000. that dbilas set will only get you 10bhp gain on a standard engine, still need a custom remap, bigger cams, head work, full exhaust system to get near the gains claimed by dbilas.
tobyc20xe

6th Apr 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is true,so just depends on your wallet tbh.

New Poll