corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » crank shaft pulley ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crank shaft pulley ..
csifku

User status: Offline
12th May 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello. i wanna ask if i have no access to air gun and got only ratchet and socket how can i take off crank shaft pulley ??? i can see on the pulley got a 2 little holes, probably i can stuck something in it to keep it strong and untight the bolt or maybe the bolt aint as normal bolt and need to be untight from left to right side or from right to left ??? cheers , engine is x16xe !
davegreen
Premium Member

12th May 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bolt is normal right hand thread, anticlockwise to loosen it. and yes you can bolt in to the pulley to hold it, sealey do such a tool. or if its in the car put it in top gear and get a mate to hold the brakes on hard while you undo the bolt. you may need a longer bar to undo it though?
johnhara1

23rd May 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you won't undo that bolt with a ratchet.

go buy a cheap £20 power bar and do what davegreen said.
Vauxdan88

23rd May 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the gearbox and clutch still on? If not,u could always have 2 of the flywheel bolts a couple of turns in and get a mate to hold a solid bar or something inbetween the two bolts to hold it whilst you undo bolt
eckers90

23rd May 13 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a major issue before where the bottom pulley bolt was stuck, werent over tightened, just corroded to pulley, ground the head off once i slid the pulley off the thread was hand tight

New Poll