corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Looking to get a camera - need help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking to get a camera - need help
p

User status: Offline
8th Jun 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking to get a camera! Not a camera guru, so require some help. Basically I'm looking for filming and obviously pictures, but filming very important. I need obviously full 1080 HD, and I want real crystal clear video. A pal said this fujifilm finepix hs25exr is good, but just wondering what anyone thinks? I quite like small cameras, not massive bulky things. Ideally likewise what I said about the video for pictures. Good memory and battery as well is important!

Cheers
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is your budget?

I don't know too much about video recording, so can't give much advise.
What I can say is that I know a few people who do a bit of video and they all swear by DSLR's as it's the only type of camera you can buy for sensible money, that will offer a shallow depth of field.

Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long videos? Bear in mind anything labelled a camera by law can only record a set amount of time, something like 15mins. If you want to record more you will need to look at camcorders.
p

9th Jun 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spending around 200... DSLR's all pretty expensive. Not filming for long consistent amounts of time, nothing like that. Just a camera that has real quality video and can take a good snap!
Russ

9th Jun 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/panasonic/lumix-dmc-tz35-digital-camera-in-black-88963/show.html
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
How long videos? Bear in mind anything labelled a camera by law can only record a set amount of time, something like 15mins. If you want to record more you will need to look at camcorders.
30 minutes I thought.

Also, agree with Russ, can't argue with a Lumix TZ. No idead about video quality but performance and feature wise it's a great piece of kit.

Balling
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of curiosity, what type/quality of video are you looking to achieve?

p

9th Jun 13 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Out of curiosity, what type/quality of video are you looking to achieve?

Just real clear clarity, type thing. Like real quality video. Very clear picture etc

Not too bothered about how good the zoom is. Battery life is important, too.
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Just real clear clarity, type thing. Like real quality video. Very clear picture etc
I was more after the subject/style/conditions...

Link to a video you'd want to be able to replicate?

p

9th Jun 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
I was more after the subject/style/conditions...

Link to a video you'd want to be able to replicate?

Got you! Mostly day time, some at night. Filming in general, some cars, other random things, scenery, bits and bobs when travelling about!

Here is a very good video, but the camera this guy used is very expensive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPxwIYMgVE - He used 'Canon EOS 60D + Sigma 10-20' - not what I want to spend, but that quality looks very good indeed!

[Edited on 09-06-2013 by p]
Balling
Premium Member

9th Jun 13 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget about filming something like that with a cheap camera.
The lighting is terrible and a small sensor camera would turn it all in to blur and noise.

In good lighting however, you could achieve something similar with most newer cameras I'd say.

p

9th Jun 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Forget about filming something like that with a cheap camera.
The lighting is terrible and a small sensor camera would turn it all in to blur and noise.

In good lighting however, you could achieve something similar with most newer cameras I'd say.

Any recommendations?
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, you need to read up on some reviews.

I'd say however, that a second hand DSLR that does 720p will outperform any compact camera that does 1080p.

New Poll