corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Could CTS loom cause electrical problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could CTS loom cause electrical problems?
Sparx

User status: Offline
27th Dec 13 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above really... i found that my cts wiring is in need of replacement as it throws up eml every now and again but give it a wiggle to the right spot and its ok....

But recently my radio flickers on and off originally is was now and again but now its all the time. I checked the radio wiring and its all solid and theres no shorts that i can see or notice. My hid headlights also flicker and sometimes one shuts off completely. A quick off and on with the headlight switch sorts it. My heater speed tends to be rev/electrical load dependant. E.g. slow down to turn, for instance, with radio and or lights on it will slow the speed of the heater blower down then then speed back up when i throttle on to drive on. Interior light will fade when putting headlights and radio on etc.... Could all this be cos of this wiring on the CTS or is it part of a different circuit which wpuldnt interfere with these electricals? Help!!! My radio wont stay on for long sometimes and its extremely annoying!
Richie

27th Dec 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First off what car is it (hoping a corsa but B/C/D's are very different)

If it's a Corsa B - the X10 and X12XE engines had a kit released by Vauxhall as the CTS loom was known for breaking. I did that repair myself and it's just soldering in two new pieces of wire that's about 50cm long each.

The radio and headlights will be unrelated though I believe. All I can suggest is check the earths on your car to make sure they haven't gone bad, and have you had your battery tested for voltage drop ect as it might have worn.

Also with your radio - test it in another car instead of spending loads of time thinking it's the cars electrical system - it's the easiest test before starting elsewhere.

Cheers

Richie
Sparx

27th Dec 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh ok... corsasport forum.... was being a tad presumptuous i suppose... its a b x16xe. Thanks though i will get it out and check in the mrs car. yh i think its in need of replacement i had a metal spark plug cover and i think it got trapped in that and pinched the wiring.
Stuart H

27th Dec 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres more people on here that dont have corsas now lol
Richie

28th Dec 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sparx
Ahhh ok... corsasport forum.... was being a tad presumptuous i suppose... its a b x16xe. Thanks though i will get it out and check in the mrs car. yh i think its in need of replacement i had a metal spark plug cover and i think it got trapped in that and pinched the wiring.

You would be very surprised how many people don't ask Corsa questions nowadays

I was more getting at the fact that Corsa B's didn't have CAN technologies on the interior side of the vehicle so needed to know the generation and engine to help more. C's and D's did and they can cause some random ass issues.

The CTS is essentially just a resistor so broken wiring can throw crazy resistance values - but I'm hoping the EML you are getting thrown relates to an open circuit or something similar if it's a wiring break. You can replace the damaged sections with any decent copper wiring - just make sure joints are clean so you don't get a shitty joint causing resistance.

New Poll