corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fibreglassing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fibreglassing
Davidp18

User status: Offline
15th Dec 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im thinkin of doin my own install in fibreglass and was wondering do i only need p40 resin and p38 filler or do i need fibreglass mattin 2???
CRB 553

15th Dec 04 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p40 resin is no good on its own u need to cover fibrous sheets with it and layer it on a structure. The tubs of p40 from halfords etc have fibres mixed into resin already this still need to be build onto sumthing though. p38 is used for smooth finish you'l realise why trying to sand p38
Mistamist

15th Dec 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easiest way is to build a frame out of mdf, then cover with fibreglass matting and P40 not too thick though as its a bitch to sand down, then cover with p38, sand, then give it a miss coat of paint. just to see if there are any dents or bubbles, sand down and repeat the miss cost process till its smooth. then paint

New Poll