corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone had to fill out a V10 form.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone had to fill out a V10 form.
Gregor

User status: Offline
31st Dec 04 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get my car taxed next week , but do not have a tax reminder , as my name is not yet on the v5 (car was only recently purchased) .

I looked on the internet , and it said that if there was no reminder form available , you would fill out a v10 form at the post office...

What I'm wondering is will there be a delay in getting the car taxed , or can it be done on the day ???

Cheers
Gregor
James_DT

31st Dec 04 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can be done on the day if you know all the relevant details.
Gregor

1st Jan 05 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What like
James_DT

1st Jan 05 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plate, cc...

quote:
Without a (V11or V85/1) licence renewal reminder

If you have a Registration Document (V5), Registration Certificate (V5C) or a new keepers supplement (green section of the V5 or V5C), please read the following.

You will need to fill in a form V10 'Application for a Vehicle Licence', which you can get at Post OfficeŽ branches and DVLA Local Offices. If your vehicle is licensed by its cylinder capacity (cc) or its CO2 value you will need to fill in the rate of duty that is due on your vehicle. To work this rate out, check the cc or CO2 value and propulsion (fuel) type shown on your V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2, then read the leaflet V149/1 which gives the rates of duty. You can get the V149/1 from Post OfficeŽ branches and DVLA Local Offices.

For heavy goods vehicles, you will need to fill in a form V85 Application for a heavy goods vehicle licence', which you can get at Post OfficeŽ branches and DVLA Local Offices.

If you have a V5/2 and V5C/2 and the tax details shown on it need to be changed, you will need to fill in a V62 'Application for a Registration Certificate (fee applicable)', which you can get from Post OfficeŽ branches and DVLA Local Offices. You can also download the V62 form here.

Please note that the V5/2 and V5C/2 are valid for two months for licensing purposes.

If you do not have the licence renewal reminder form because your vehicle is registered as 'Not Licensed', you should apply on form V10 at a DVLA Local Office.

If I do not have a V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2

The law requires the keeper to hand over the V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2 when selling a vehicle.

If you have just acquired the vehicle and neither of the Documents/Certificates are available, you cannot license your vehicle at any Post OfficeŽ branch using a V10 accompanied by a V62. You must first obtain a V5C using form V62 (fee application).

If you are the current registered keeper of the vehicle you may be able to license it at any DVLA Local Office. You should complete form V62 (fee application) as well as form V10 or V85. If you have changed your name and/or address you will need to provide proof of identity with your application. Acceptable evidence is a current driving licence, original bank/building society statement, or a recent utility bill. If your name has changed acceptable evidence is a marriage certificate, decree nisi/absolute or deed poll.

The latter might cover you better.
Gregor

1st Jan 05 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate ,

But what I'm wondering is , can I sort it on the day ?? Or do things need to be sent off etc......
James_DT

1st Jan 05 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends if you have the V5.
If you don't, you need to wait for it to arrive/send off for a new one.
If you have it, the MOT and Ins. certificates, you should be able to do it straight away. Depends on the size of your Post Office.
Gregor

1st Jan 05 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh Ive got the V5 , not yet in my name though - could that pose a problem ?

Cheers for the advice buddy
welshdude

1st Jan 05 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have the whole v5 then you can fill it in(in the new keepers section) and go 2 post office with insurance, mot and fill in a V10. then the post office will give u the tax disc and send in the V5 to dvla.
welshdude

1st Jan 05 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mrs typed the above due to me being to drunk to do it myself she works on the phones in the dvla
Gregor

1st Jan 05 at 03:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one welshdude's mrs

But i have the old type of v5 , and the tear off slip is off it ...
welshdude

1st Jan 05 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you've got the top blue section then thats fine

Steve

New Poll