corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Faulty ignition connection

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Faulty ignition connection
teo

User status: Offline
31st Jan 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

My radio/headunit is very picky, when i start up my 1.2 N reg beast (:lol the radio will sometimes come on as normal, but sometimes it will show "See you" as it powers up then down right away. Playing with the key in the ignition causes the radio to power up and down until i find the sweet spot and stays on. im certain that its a faulty connection in the key housing but how would i go about repairing it?

normally id sort it myself over time, but spent 3 hours in the car with 2 girls (granted there're fit) singing bloody disneys greatest hits at me.... i think im quite insane now....

please help!!! cant take much more of sodding aladdin!
Richie

31st Jan 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to replace the contact part of your igntion switch, looks like this when taken out

Nick A

31st Jan 05 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

made did the same, i connected the live wire to the headunit which leaves it on continous even when u turn the ignition off u have to turn the headunit off manually or remove the face.
Richie

31st Jan 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but that part is only a fiver to replace
teo

1st Feb 05 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent, thought i might have had to replace whole sodding ignition...

just spoke with a fella at a spares shop, he seems to think it wouldnt be this because nothing else is effected by key "wigglage"... any ideas?
Richie

1st Feb 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That part of the igntion key has its own contact for the radio, that moves in all postitions that you turn the key. It can get black after a while and cause the problem you have.

Ive just done it on mine.
teo

1st Feb 05 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your help, gonna try and sort out all these little things at weekend...

also got faulty indicator switch, ariel connectors and knakkered shocks

New Poll