corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » filling up.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author filling up.
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 05 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i come to fill up my corsa with petrol, put the nozzle in and start to fill it. Then the hose does that clicky thing like there's enough petrol in there,

i have tried putting the nozzly thing in at different angles and tried different stations and pumps.

the only way to fill my car up now is too have the nozzle of the petrol hose just on the lip of the filling cap. Its really annoying any one know a solution
ed

22nd Jul 05 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The breather pipes are probably blocked. They are the two small pipes that go from the back of the fuel tank to the filler cap, whip then off ant have a look at them, try clean them out or just replace them if they are blocked.
Dan Lewis

22nd Jul 05 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you explain some more to me.
like where they are approx.
Is it an easy job?
ed

22nd Jul 05 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at the back of the fuel tank there shoudl be three pipes going into it. One is the fuel feed, and the others are breather pipes. If you pop the clips off of them and the trace it back to where they enter the fuel filler cap and pop them off there then you can see if they are blocked at all. The most difficult bit is re-connecting the pipes, I ended up using jubilee clips becuase the fuel line clips were such a bugger to get on as it's a tight squeeze...
mikehiow

22nd Jul 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem, just sort out ya breather pipes.

New Poll