corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Filling Up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Filling Up
corsa_boi

User status: Offline
7th Oct 05 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime i fill my tank up theres always a very strong smell of petrol untill it gets down to about half a tank, now from full to half the tank it goes very quick but from half to empty its fine. what is causing it to drink my petrol and smell so bad, its that bad im getting high off the fumes

Jon
Rob B

7th Oct 05 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hole at the top of the tank
broster
Premium Member

7th Oct 05 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look under the rear seat and carpet, there is an inspection hatch, it has a rubber o-ring on it, sounds like that has perished
corsa_boi

7th Oct 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i tell if it has broster? i have looked there before but wasnt sure what to look for. as for the hole in the top of the tank, a few month ago i filled it up like mega right to the top and it started leaking out at the rear so maybe its that! after that i never filled it right to the top again waste of money
broster
Premium Member

7th Oct 05 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sar smells bad and when you tae the plastic cover off there will be dmpness around the metal hatch
corsa_boi

7th Oct 05 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate cheers, i will check 2moz, if its not that what else could it be? a hole in the petrol tank like rob b said
net_freak

8th Oct 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-B-1993-2000-Brand-New-Fuel-Tank_W0QQitemZ4580771952QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

New Poll