corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » modem router firewall VS pc virus protection program

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author modem router firewall VS pc virus protection program
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
20th Sep 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got bullguard virus protection running on my pc constantly and i have a belkin router which has a firewall....

can i turn the router firewall off and still be fully protected by my bullguard virus program??

as i have problems with online gaming on my xbox360 and ps3 and i think its due to the firewall on the router etc
johnhara1

20th Sep 07 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should be able to disable the firewall on the router by going to its setup page in IE.

You need the IP address to enter it.

If its for the xbox you may need to allow access the ports the xbox wants to run on when in the router setup.

[Edited on 20-09-2007 by johnhara1]
MoNkEy MaGiC

22nd Sep 07 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i can disable the firewall no probs, but will my virus program protect my pc just as well as the router firewall does??

i have a 360 on a wired connection and it seems fine, but occasionally have problems like cant accept game invites or hear my friends over the mic! i have already opened up the ports in the DMZ option!

i also have another 360 on a wifi wireless adaptor connection, which keeps loosing the IP address but has no general gaming problems!!

so i was wondering could the router firewall have anything to do with any of these??
johnhara1

24th Sep 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your anti-virus and windows firewall should protect the PC well enough yes.

Simplest way would be to disable the firewall and run the computers to see if the problems are still occuring.

New Poll