corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket..i know another one!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket..i know another one!
badboy1989

User status: Offline
16th Dec 07 at 02:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been reading up on the previous head gasket threads however they seem to be mainly for 1.4 16v sports ect so was thinking what about a 1.2 merit 8v(?)

i have very little mechanical knowledge and im pretty sure mine has gone as it runs like utter shit and after removing the oil cap i found some rather manky looking yellowtinted mayo shite? so assuming this is a headgasket prob,

i want to do the work my self and will get the head skimmed whether its WARPED?!? or not as will save a job in the future hopefully,
was just wondering where should i get the parts from cheapest?but wont fall apart or fook up in 10mins and what tools ect will i need im guessing a torque wrench which i need to buy but i have most other basic tools sockets ratchet spanners ect. also could i get a list of all the parts i will be needing and which i should replace at same time and anyone able to give good info on how to do the job properly i wil also be investing in a haynes manual,
as stated in previous thread cant go 2.0 or any higher for at least 2 years as insurance is a kik up the arse atm just looking to get this on the road asap and running as best as poss cheers ppl

ps just incase car is
corsa b
N reg 1994- i think~
1.2 merit 8v
Toby
Premium Member

16th Dec 07 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best make sure that it aint completey fucked, like mine was, easy and cheaper for me to put a new engine in
corsasriboy

16th Dec 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

headgasket set from motorfactors.may as well do cambelt at the same time.you will need new coolant and oil.total cost of parts i reckon about £100.

New Poll