corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket gone???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket gone???
gsirick

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have noticed when i checked the oil in my gsi there was a creamy colour on the oil cap, i dont seem to be losing any water from the expansion bottle so am abit puzzled really
was thinking of taking it and having it tested to see if the head gasket has gone.

what do people think?

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by gsirick]
dean101287

3rd Jan 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could just be condensation if its just on the cap- check water bottle for oil, and oil for water.

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by dean101287]
bigdan

3rd Jan 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mixing synthertic and non synthetic oil can cause "mayonaise" looking stuff
deano87

3rd Jan 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsirick
i have noticed when i checked the oil in my gsi there was a creamy colour on the oil cap, i dont seem to be losing any water from the expansion bottle so am abit puzzled really
was thinking of taking it and having it tested to see if the head gasket has gone.

what do people think?

[Edited on 03-01-2008 by gsirick]

Is this after only doing a short journey?

If so, this will more than likely be condensation.

The current weather is also cold and damp, so oil takes longer, and will have more 'condensation' than normal I believe.

I always have condensation now, and a bit of white stuff in the rocker cover. However I'm not using any water and minimal oil for an engine that has covered 75k miles.

If the car sits at normal temperature on journeys, doesn't heat up majorly quickly, has never boilded over, isn't using water or oil, and you get hot air in the car with the heaters on, I'm sure you'll be fine.
gsirick

4th Jan 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont do many miles in the car usually just 3 mins to and from work (should walk really lol) so its probably just condensation. cheers lads

New Poll