corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » oil in the header tank

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oil in the header tank
scoob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got oil in my header tank on my xe corsa. theres no sign of water in the oil tho also the engine that was in befor the xe died due to head gasket going could this be a left over from the last engine? the xe has had a new head kit put on it less then 1500 miles ago
deano87

12th Mar 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say possibly.

Is it consuming any water? Is it smoking? Misfiring on start up? Do you get heat through the heaters i.e. water circulating through the matrix? Mayo in the rocker cover?

Check all those
scoob
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no water loss no missfires no smoke i get heat through the heaters just looking at it the oil hasnt mixed its just sat on top of the coolent
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Mar 08 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flush all the coolant out properly, including using a hosepipe, then refill it and keep a check on it.

New Poll