corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » afm problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author afm problems
koopa89

User status: Offline
16th Aug 08 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa b 1.6 sport which is holdin back, i think its the airflow meter but i dont understand how you replace it on a 1.6. i replaced it on my old b 1.2 sxi but it isn't the same...just want to know what, or where it is and how to replace it if pos.

thanks for any help.
Steve X16XE

16th Aug 08 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It looks like a little spike that goes into the air pipe just after your airbox. It is a MASSIVE pain in the arse to remove.

What are the symptoms Doc?
koopa89

17th Aug 08 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically its holding back at lower revs, i had exactly the same problems with my 1.2...any idea's on the cost for one? cheers
luke85

17th Aug 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve it sounds like you are on about the inlet temperature sensor used on the X16XE and not the AFM used on the C16XE.

Which engine are we talking about?
koopa89

17th Aug 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE ...
luke85

17th Aug 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE doesnt have an AFM mate so you need to be looking elsewhere. When was the cambelt changed and is it still timed up correctly?
koopa89

19th Aug 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not been changed it feels exactly how my old sxi felt...holds back at certain revs... doesn't the intake air temp sensor do the same job as a afm??
luke85

19th Aug 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really no, these engine sorts the fuelling by the MAP sensor and a tiny correction is made according to the inlet tepmerature, you can unplug it if you want to see if that cures it because it should run fine with the inlet temperature sensor unplugged.

Has the car always done this since youve had it or is it a recent thing?
koopa89

19th Aug 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the thing is i only bought it about a week or so ago...but it didnt have the problem at first, its when im gradually building up speed, i will get into 3rd at about 2000 revs and it'll judder/hold back...should i be lookin at the MAP sensor then? cheers

New Poll