corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket maby?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket maby?
doncs
Banned

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok....when stuck in traffic water in my header tank boils up and produces steam which flows out from the bonnet....also today when stuck in traffic i moved forward to find a bit of oil and quite a bit of water had leaked out and was on the road...im thinking head gasket has gone? however theres no white mayo or no white smoke...what you guys think? cheers
Tom
mattievRS

22nd Oct 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the fans kicking in first as could be fan switch or temp sender or even thermostat
doncs
Banned

23rd Oct 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fan kicks in, but not until about 100 degrees...if it was the thermostat or something like that, how would it cause the car to leak water and oil?
Torsa g

23rd Oct 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think theres anything that could really make your car leak oil and water at the same time from the same problem, there is the chance that the engine is gettin that hot and building that much pressure that its blown a gasket but that quite rare to happen,

as for the head gasket going, are you starting to find that theres abit more of white smoke coming out your exhaust than usual when hot, plus are you find it misfires in the mornings and getting lack of power,

i would go on a sticky thermostat
John_rdy

23rd Oct 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is get it warm, see if its pressurizing the system. Or take the cap off the header tank and see if bubbles are coming up into the water. Which will indicate head Gasket. Good luck
doncs
Banned

23rd Oct 08 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well...as i said, when stuck in traffic the water boils up

New Poll