corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Derestricting airbox.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Derestricting airbox.
Root

User status: Offline
13th Mar 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried fitting a £60 universal filter (HAH...universal my backside). It's bodged on, just want to see if my standard derestricted & drilled makes a nicer noise.

Took the pipe out that looks like a shaft of a penie.
Tried taking the side bit off and it's REALLY stuck on, then I found a guide on how to do it, but the airbox on there was different to mine so I'm wondering if mine is from another vauxhall. Here's a pic:

Cheers lads

[Edited on 13-03-2009 by Root]
FAZ
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres one from a few days back on drilling the airbox (wing side and underneath only - not engine side as this will suck in hot air from the enfine (not good)), first stage, second is to de-restrict it by removing any piping from inside the box and thrid (if u wish) putting a new panel filter, i have a k & n one

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=486671

heres a tutorial that may help

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=225944

faz xx

[Edited on 13-03-2009 by FAZ]
Root

13th Mar 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just wondering why my filter is different to others I have seen on here.

It's exactly the same one as in my Haynes service manual and my Haynes modding guide but different to the one all you guys keep showing me.
Look at my airbox, is it derestricted fully now except drilling?

I know what side to drill on.
Cheers faz.
[edit]
lmfao, just seen your drilled airbox,
I don't have a drill that big. Might make 4 holes at corners then butcher it out.

FAZ
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes its derestricted,

how is your filter different?
Root

13th Mar 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other people's don't have that red panel I see in mine and also, other's have a pipe in there...I didn't find one, unless somebody before me, took it out..

FAZ
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the red panel out somwhow, that will restrict the airflow to the filter, didnt see it when i looked first sorry

yea i had small hole in mine, made the exhaust raspy, put got bigger ones put in, still not a low enough rumble for me so pretty much just cut the side out, fitted some cold air feeds and wot not and was away

have a janspeed back box so was v nice sound, uy got a back box? system?

[Edited on 13-03-2009 by FAZ]
Root

13th Mar 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, I'll try snap it off, lol.

Nah, this is my first engine mod.
Except this, I've just calibra seats, debadged, sunstrip, sound system, central locking, alarm.
FAZ
Premium Member

13th Mar 09 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they say you wont have any noticeable difference without an exhaust mod, but it may as well be done in my opinion
Root

13th Mar 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, it sounds better so why not?

[edit]
just took her out for a test spin. About the same noise as my air filter I paid £60 for. Lower rumble with the filter at higher revs.

The derestricted & drilled standard DEFINITELY has better throttle response though! Without a single doubt.

Cheers lads.

New Poll