corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » standard zaust centre section for loca motor factors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author standard zaust centre section for loca motor factors
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
16th Aug 09 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aftermarket OEM exhaust centre sections

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a hole in my centre section for a over a year now i decided to get it replaced by a local garage, fair enough it cost me an arm and a leg but i wasnt prepared for the fuss to do it myself...

but howcome its much louder than the vx one i had on b4?

are OEM parts from places like unipart etc of worse quality, my backbox has never sounded so loud lol.....b4 it only used to sound like this from after drivin a long distance, now im suprised
Jake

16th Aug 09 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be abit louder because it hasnt coked up yet so should quieten down slightly but saying that the aftermarket oem centre box that i replaced on my old car was noticably louder maybe they are made with less baffles.
corsa-sxi

16th Aug 09 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly, probably cost the garage about a fiver when i paid 70 lol...look a right idiot turning up at work in a modified corsa at the age of 24 lol
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Aug 09 at 02:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a larger bore to compensate for restrictive bends, or it might just have less effective silencing in the box.
Richardhhha

16th Aug 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As ian said, basicaly they arme made very cheaply so there won't be as much inside. I got a center and rear for my 14xe and it only cost me £29.99 and its made better than any uni part one.. Just got it from eurocarparts with a little discount.

New Poll