corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » grooved disks? which way round?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author grooved disks? which way round?
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Nov 09 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are grooved disks generally directional? reason i ask is i've bought a 2L brake setup which i am fitting now. just want to double check if it matters which way the grooves face?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always seen them as directional, the front of the groove should be at the inside of the disc, and the back of the groove should be at the outside of the disc

So, on the Drivers/RH side, should sit like this at the top \\\\\

The grooves are supposed to be there to aid in removing heat and/or water, and dissipate these by flowing them out of the disc away from the hub when moving forwards

djgritt
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics from my Cav and Corsa to show...

Cav (Passenger Side);

Corsa (Drivers Side);

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

29th Nov 09 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect, spot on mate. got them all fitted now cheers

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jamie_Hastings1

29th Nov 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Above is the correct way i would fit them,but if you fit them the other way it gives more aggresive braking but reduced brake life/increases wear.

New Poll