corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Steering Column/Ball Joint??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Steering Column/Ball Joint??
Ste M

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try and make this as simple as possible. My MOT is due tomorrow and it's a guaranteed fail. Why? Because the play is my steering wheel is horrendous. Whilst stationary, if I move my steering wheel all the way to the left with a finger, I could literally move it to the right and the distance would be avout 7 or 8 inches. It's slack as hell.

I took it to a recommended back street garage, and the gaffer of the place took a look and said it was something to do "with the ball joint" and that it's "a Vauxhall job" and would cost no more than "a tenner to sort it"

It's non-power steering by the way. What do you guys think the problem is?

Many thanks

New Poll