corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa egr valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa egr valve
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
14th Dec 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will a broken egr valve on a x16xe make my car use more fuel because its used 20quid of fuel on the weekend going from conwy to fflint and back
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 02:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know. i have a spare one you can have for a tenner though
JaffaTB

15th Dec 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt havent thought so?

people blank off the EGR (permanantly close) and they dont experience fuel issues

if it was stuck open it would be breathing more of its own gas and using less fuel?

unless breathing more of its own gas means it cant make as much power causing you to put your foot down more to compensate?

no idea just trying to make sense of it
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Dec 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MAP sensor, or Lambda sensor is more likely.
Paulo 16v

15th Dec 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not it won't make it use more fuel
merlokquest

16th Dec 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if EGR is stuck open car can struggle to start hence why u blank it off and get rid which is summat i need to do but using fuel can be various things personally i would get it plugged into a diagnostics machine with LIVE graphing and that will tell u what sensor is doing what and wether it is doing it correctly and also any other fault codes you engine may have logged in past maybe car is in limp mode get u home my 1.6 vectra did this it stunk of petrol because the ecu was throwing fuel into engine to compensate for a sensor that had failed or failing to deliver a reading to the ecu this it was either MAF mass air flow ir throttle position cant rememebr now but worth every penny to get it plugged in as any sensors not up to scratch u can replace before they fail and leave u stuck some wer u really dont wanna be

New Poll