corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying bumpers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying bumpers
Vauxmad55

User status: Offline
   31st Mar 03 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am goin to spray the standard black bumpers. as the have a slight bumpy finish to them will the paint flake off???
bobothebear

31st Mar 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sanded mine down before spraying em.
But I think the pros put so much Primer on that it fills the the gaps up to make it smooth.
The paint shouldnt flake off it will just look abit poo if its not smoothed
psycho sport

31st Mar 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate if u gona do it, do it properly! Sand it down with 80 then 120 then 200 and 400 (if you can be fucked) you'll find the bumper is well smooth after the 80 grain paper. Use primer and laquer to finish to get the best result. It'll take a long time but well worth it! I used just paint on my wheel arch bumpers and it did flake off!
STEvieXE

31st Mar 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont take 80 grit to a plastic bumper. itll go fluffy. use a red scotchbrite pad or 240 grit. highbuild primer. flat that down again and highbuild again. should take all texture out of bumpers then flat and wet on wet prime and paint as usual

New Poll